Dietmar is currently employed in the MVZ of Histology, Cytology and Molecular Diagnostics in Trier/Germany. Before, he was Head of the Department of Cytopathology at the private Institute of Pathology, Cytopathology and Dermatopathology in Viersen, Germany. Prior to joining the team in Viersen in 2016, Dietmar was Medical Director, SYNLAB MVZ Pathology, Mannheim, Germany, and Deputy Chairman of the Department of General Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany. He has 40 years of experience working in positions in the academic, public and private healthcare sectors. 248 publications and several contributions in textbooks.
- Doctor of Medicine (Germany) in 1978
- Certified Pathologist (Germany) in 1986
- Associate Professor of Pathology (Germany) in 1988
- Administration: Deputy Director and Director of Pathology practices in the academic, public and private health sectors
- Pediatric Pathology: review, second opinion and scientific evaluation of pediatric solid tumors collected at the Kiel Pediatric Tumor Registry, University of Kiel, Germany which serves as a referral center for tumors treated in national and international trials.
- Gynecopathology: Review and second opinion as an expert in cases of gynecopathology with a main scientific interest in uterine and ovarian tumors. Participation as study pathologist in several national tumor trials related to cervical, endometrial and myometrial tumors. Developing national guidelines for cervical and endometrial carcinomas, uterine sarcomas and endometriosis.
- Cytopathology: Correlation between cytology and histology in precancerous lesions of the cervix. HPV testing and the use of biomarkers. Developing a new diagnostic test (CINtec Plus, mtm laboratories, Roche) for the detection of precancerous lesions in the prevention of cervical carcinoma.
- Societeties: President of the International Academy of Pathology (IAP)
- Congresses: Congress President of the XXXI Congress of the IAP in Cologne, Germany, Sept. 24-29, 2016. National Congresses of Cytopathology.